[vdr] Re: Which Linux-distro is most suitable for Epia MII 10000Nehemiah?

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 16:28, Rene Hertell wrote:
> But now to my question: What have you guys who run your VDR on an Epia board
> used as a linux-distro? Do you have any pros and contras for your choice?

I have a ME6000 and use Gentoo with kernel version 2.4.25.   I basically
built it using the gentoo install guide and then put the DVB drivers and
VDR on.  Total size of distribution is about 250Mb (sources excluded).

Tip, you can build gentoo in a chroot enviroment on your main PC, and
then tar it over to your vdr machine, this really speeds installation up
if your VDR PC is slow like mine is.

If your looking to really optimise, try Linux from Scratch!

all the best,
Richard.