[vdr] LIRC and VDR 1.3.x

Let me begin by thanking Klaus for the latest version. Built easily and
works well on Mandrake 10 with 2.6.5 kernel (apart from LIRC).

I have one question, which is not specifically a 1.3.7 question; I have the
same issue with 1.3.5.

I have a LIRC receiver connected in to COM1. When I train the receiver with
irreader I have to specify a special device -d/dev/lirc/lirc0. When I start
up lircd, I have to customise /etc/sysconfig/lircd to define the serial
device as being on /dev/lirc/0.

I am not able to get VDR to recognise lirc, even with a "make REMOTE=LIRC".
It simply does not recognise that I have a LIRC capable input. To get LIRC
to work with VDR, I hade to make a change to vdr.c:

  // Remote Controls:
#if defined(REMOTE_RCU)
  new cRcuRemote("/dev/ttyS1");
#elif defined(REMOTE_LIRC)
  //new cLircRemote("/dev/lircd");
  new cLircRemote("/tmp/.lircd");
#endif

Basically, /tmp/.lircd is a socket to the lirc device. This works, and seems
to work well. I found it after a day of googling for various lirc issues on
kernel 2.6 But is what I have done wrong? Was there a better way?

Adrian