[vdr] Re: DvbDevice::GrabImage killing vdr?

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Guido Fiala wrote:

>Has someone else also experienced that problem?
>
>ASAP a call to this function is made (e.g using the screenshot-plugin)
>vdr dies, no message in syslog, looks like segfault...

Yes, I've seen it. Doing a SVDRP GRAB command can freeze VDR for a while,
but it usually last less than one minute so the watchdog doesn't get
triggered. The images have always (for many versions I've tested these
last 1.5 years) been solid gray images. The actual grabbing worked better
on the 1.1 and 1.2 days, it never crashed back then, but the image was
still gray. I guess this is really a driver issue as it works well for
others. Not that many out there use full featured cable cards? I could try
with a newer set of drivers, the 2003-11-08 ones are getting a bit oldish
(although they work excellently for everything else).

Regards,
    Jan Ekholm

--
You've got a lot of time for abstract thought when you've got your hand
    stuck up a dead badger.