[vdr] Re: DvbDevice::GrabImage killing vdr?

On Friday 21 May 2004 13:14, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 2004, Guido Fiala wrote:
> >Has someone else also experienced that problem?
> >
> >ASAP a call to this function is made (e.g using the screenshot-plugin)
> >vdr dies, no message in syslog, looks like segfault...
>
> Yes, I've seen it. Doing a SVDRP GRAB command can freeze VDR for a while,
> but it usually last less than one minute so the watchdog doesn't get

That must be something different - vdr crashes really instantly now.
(using dvb-kernel at least)

As my kvdr grabs just fine from the _same_ video-device i assume the
GrabImage-function is broken in vdr, if the failure is not that obvious to
fix i might try to re-import the GrabImage function from kvdr to vdr...

Never had grey images either.

Guido