[vdr] Re: Using theme colors into plugins.

On Fri, 21 May 2004 23:41:42 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> DOm wrote:
> >
> > Hallo,
> >
> > I read the sources, and PLUGINS.html, but i missed something.
> > How can i import colors defined by a theme into a plugin (an
> > osd-plugin like prefermenu) so to have a more consistent look with
> > the main vdr UI?
> >
> > It is possible to use also skin elements into an osd-plugin to make
> > it look similar to the actual skin?
>
> The only skin object you can reasonably use is the cSkinDisplayMenu.
> You can instantiate an object of that class and use its SetItem() or
> SetText() functions.

Thanks, I'll try with cSkinDisplayMenu.

> Other than that there's no real way a plugin could "use" any of the
> skins theme stuff, because it has no way of knowing what the skin does
> with the various colors.

Well, i presume this design keeps things clean, but it would be
interesting to have plugins that change their aspect according to the
skin. Anyway, if you made your choice we'll love it ;)

Have a good time,
   ANgelus.