[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.6 plugin

On Samstag, 22. Mai 2004 15:25, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I  compiled softdevice with vidix. When I start vdr -Psoftdevice I get
> the tv picture on the console,
> and can switch channels with thw remote control. As soon as I press the
> "menu" button,
> something goes wrong, I can't anymore switch channels, and I get no OSD,
> the menu doesn't come.

But previously OSD came up ?
Whats yout framebuffer depth ?
Any hint from textual output or from /var/log/messages ?

I just tested vidix out with 16bit and 24bit framebuffer on my radeon and
had no problems.

Sometimes while scanning for recordings there are some serious delays.

To redirect the text output you can start vdr like:
clear;./vdr -P streamdev-client -P 'softdevice -vo vidix:' -c /net_data/vdr133-jarada/ -v /net_data/video/ >~/vidix_log 2>&1

Stefan Lucke