[vdr] Extension for mp3/mplayer-Plugin ?

Hello list,

maybe one of you mastercoders can code a, in my eyes very usefull, extension for the
mp3/mplayer-Plugin. I am really missing a search function in that plugin, to easily find
songs or movies. I think it would not be to hard to code that feature for a real coder, but
I am no real coder (I do not speak C/C++).

How about using a color-button to enter search-mode and then enter a searchstring via
numeric buttons like creating an sms on a handy.

It would be great, if anybody could do that. I already posted that to vdrportal.de, but
I do not know if there are coders online.

Salaam