[vdr] sharing experience with compilation errors

Hi List,

I gave now the new dev tree VDR-1.3.x a try after a long time sticking to VDR-1.2.6. The new feature like recovering changing pids and automatic searching for SAT Channels are very nice. Also the new looking OSD is something what a good marketing department would show on the first pages of a product data sheet (thanks god, its not a product). I have just wait until the first patches for the plugins where out. And I'm still missing the mailbox-, the vdrc- (commander) and, most of all, the tvonscreen-plugin (I have just rejected my "TV-Hören und Sehen" Abo)... So I will stick to 1.2.6 for "production" for a while until all the nice guys have migrated their work.

Hey all this community work is realy great!!

But - there is always a but - I ran into some problems with the plugins. Some time ago people have mentioned on this list problems ([vdr] Ttxtsubs 0.5 compilation problem, [vdr] prefermenu 0.5.4 does not compile with vdr 1.3.6) with:
/usr/local/src/VDR/include/vdr/thread.h:33: syntax error before `;'
Both threads ended with a more or less sufficient suggestion but without a real solution. I've got the same problems with the games-0.6.1 and the osdpip-0.0.4 plugin. After analyzing the code and googeling after the pthread_rwlock_t declaration I included a "DEFINES += -D_GNU_SOURCE" in the Makefiles of both plugins and these problems where solved. Maybe this helps a little bit.

I use Kernel 2.4.18 (Suse 8.1) with gcc 2.95.3.

kind regards
Manfred

--
------- Manfred Schmidt-Voigt -------