[vdr] Re: FB Softdevice howto

Tomas Prybil wrote:
Hi all!

I've been trying to get get most out of my FF cards with SVideo or RGB.
Using a beamer the next step seems to be the FB/Softdevice/DVI-D path.

The way doen't seem pretty obvious to me. What card should I use etc etc. Could one kind soul please give some hints to a HOWTO or give some hints?

BR
/t
Well then I might answer myself ;)
After some trial and horror I've come to the following conclusions. Perhaps someone could help and point me to the next step?

All tests done with softdevice-0.0.6 and vdr-1.3.8.
The system is a 2.8 GHz P4 with a radeon RV280 card.

VESA FB:
Works, but kind of sluggerish. CPU > 90% usage.

Direct FB 0.9.20
Bombs out with segfault :(

vidix current CVS snapshot
Works ok, a little bit jerky, menus unreadable due to black fg. CPU util 10-15%.

/t