[vdr] Re: Softdevice problem (DVB-T)

I answered also Stefan's questions:

DOm wrote:

On Sun, 23 May 2004 21:28:50 +0200
Stefan Lucke <stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de> wrote:

On Sonntag, 23. Mai 2004 10:23, Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:

I have a vdr server with DVB-S + DVB-T cards. The problem is that
quite often DVB-T (Finland) viewing with softdevice (0.0.6pre3, vdr
1.3.7) goes to annoying "slow motion" mode without sound. It can be
sometimes fixed by switching channels a couple of times if vdr still
responds to keyboard. Satellite channels work always OK. An
equivalent dxr3 client box (vdr 1.3.6) works nicely so the problem
is probably in softdevice plugin.

dxr3 is hardware decoding so this cannot compared with softdevice
decoding.

Is that right DVB-S is ok and DVB-T not ?

Right, terrestial is the problematic one.

What's your CPU type and speed ?

Celeron 2.6GHz for my softdevice tests

Using dxr3 for output is there a difference in cpu usage viewing
DVB-S vs. DVB-T ?

There are blocky low and nice high bitrate channels on both transports. On a 800 MHz C3 I think there is no significant difference. CPU load is normally 5-10%.

Could be possible that the strange effect is related to ffmpeg due to a
strange stream coming from the DVB-T provider, rather than softdevice
itself? Just a tought.

Mplayer (CVS version) which uses ffmpeg as well doesn't have the problem. Streamdev protocol is different and ffmpeg versions are different so it doesn't prove that ffmpeg works. Now I remember that there were some terrestial stream issues with dxr3 plugin too in the past. I'll check the archives if I find what was observed.

Seppo

Bye,
ANgelus.