[vdr] Programming question - How many recording devices are available?

Hello Klaus,
Hello guys,

I am workin on the serial plugin. I have implemented a light which
indicates that a recording is going on. The desired behaviour ist that
it is lightning when at least one recording is going on. If all
recording devices are occupied and in that case not all channels are
available anymore I would like to let the light flashing.

Everything works for now. The only thing I am missing is the information
how many recording devices are available within the installation.

So my question is how a get to this information within the sourcecode.
Any quick hints for me which prevent me from looking through thousands
lines of well documented code ;).

Kind regards