[vdr] Re: Still about text2skin plugin

Am Dienstag, 25. Mai 2004 23:25 schrieb tinconn@virgilio.it:
> Hallo list
> 	I try to create a new skin using the plugin text2skin, i have
> same problem:
>
> 1) I don't know the pixel amount of video area,i presume 640x480 but i
> need a confirm

The default values of VDR's OSDWidth and OSDHeight setup parameters should
give a hint.

> 2) When i put a png file in background area, if in the picture where is
> a black color into paint program (gimp) on the osd the color is
> trasparent. How i can decide when the black color is trasparent or
> black?

Usually you can choose (esp. in gimp) whether to use the transparent color or
any other color. So, if your picture contains transparent areas, those will
be transparent. All other colors will be displayed as gimp saves them to
disk.

> 3) How much memory I have to disposition for the osd in the dvbs?

Around 80k
Text2skin will display a message in syslog if the background areas are too
expensive.

Greetings,
Sascha