[vdr] Re: kvdr-0.61 and xv?

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 05:32:13PM +0200, Guido Fiala wrote:

> I did copy the xv from xawtv to kvdr, unfortunately i uploaded some testing
> code that way the xv-image is only 388x288 pixels instead of 768x576
> (somewhere in kvdr.cpp...) if you find the position you can change it and
> try.

An rgrep 288 don't find anything... I have to look deeper...

> BTW - i always thought tvtime has the very best Xv - if it uses the "linear"
> filter i had very good results but also very much cpu-load.

It really better with xawtv than the linear of tvtime ;-)
And a top didn't show xawtv in the first 15 apps (which mean xawtv needs
less than 0.1%). I have tested tvtime because someone posted the quality
is better than all other, but I was really disapointed...
At least with a Matrox card (I was having an ATI and the quality of the
xv was very bad with xawtv...).

> I wanted to include the fiter in kvdr but lack of time and currently i almost
> use kvdr myself anymore - i simply switch sources at my beamer ;-)

For me a quality is something really important, I would really prefer a
"true" xv...

> So - now i'am going on vacation over the weekend,

Great idea, I don't know why my post only achieve this ml today as I
sent it yesterday?

Thank for your answer,

	Grégoire
http://algebra.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch