[vdr] Re: DVB-C Premium + DVB-T Budget

Hi Thomas,

Am 27.05.2004 um 22:24 schrieb Thomas Neumann:
Will this work as described above, even with two different types
of cards (one DVB-C and the other DVB-T)?
It works as if your full-featured card just has two different tuners. It doesn't make a difference where the channel comes from.

Will I
get different channel lists to choose from, one for -C and one for -T ?
You will. I just kept the double channels at the end of my channels.conf - just in case I need to record 2 recordings from different cards at a time. Unfortunatly different card-types don't work like one type two times, so you have to make a decision on aour own which channels to record with which card...

Once DVB-T becomes available here I think I'll have no
need to record from the DVB-C, so all channel selection,
EPG retrieval and recording input should refer to the DVB-T
card, with the DVB-C only doing TV-out + Menu/OSD and MPEG decoding.
I heard that non-tuning DVB-C Cards produce more heat... don't know if it's true...
So maybe just keep it connected.

As DVB-T is only 4-Channels on a frequency (where DVB-C here is 7) I have all channels from DVB-C if they're double. Quality is better, too. (Depends, but my antenna's not that good...). And there's even some TV and Radio you don't get here via DVB-T (in Germany/Berlin: EinsMuxx, EinsFestival, Hessen3, BR3, BRalpha, ZDFtheater...)

I got the Internet-EPG just for the non-double channels in the beginning, the double one at the end just get the originally broadcasted EPG.

The bad thing is that VDRadmin catches all the "autotimered" recordings double (DVB-T and DVB-C)...

But
Will this work? Anything I need to know upfront to configure this?
Don't think so. Worked for me without problems.

Hannes

--
Hannes Stein
hannsens@macnews.de