[vdr] DVB-C Premium + DVB-T Budget

Hi,

I'm currently running VDR with a single DVB-C Premium (Siemens) card,
but as DVB-T will soon become available in my area I'm planning
to add a DVB-T Budget card (TT-Budget or Nova-T) as an additional
card to my system.

I understand that the Premium / Full-Featured card, with
TV-out and MPEG decoder, that is the DVB-C in my case, should
be used as the primary card for VDR and the budget card can
be used as an (additional) input device to record from, correct?

Will this work as described above, even with two different types
of cards (one DVB-C and the other DVB-T)? How does VDR know
where it should get the EPG data from, for example? Will I
get different channel lists to choose from, one for -C and one for -T ?

Once DVB-T becomes available here I think I'll have no
need to record from the DVB-C, so all channel selection,
EPG retrieval and recording input should refer to the DVB-T
card, with the DVB-C only doing TV-out + Menu/OSD and MPEG decoding.

Will this work? Anything I need to know upfront to configure this?

Thanks!

 -Tom

--
PGP public key 0x3A866C65 at http://net-guru.org/tn@net-guru.org.pub