[vdr] Re: RTL/ARD Problem still not solved ?

On Thursday 27 May 2004 08:38, Axel Gruber wrote:
> No i want to give my parrents a whole VDR-Installation for ther House (2 or3 VDR´s) but i have
> a Problem with wich i personaly can live - but not my parents:
>
> ARD (das ERste)
> RTL
>
> Switching to RTL i often have no Sound but a picture - after Driver-Relaod everything works fine again.
> Switching to ARD (das Erste) i have much bigger Problems: Sometimes i have Sound but no Picture
> sometimes i have no Sound and no Picture - and very often the complete System Hangup !
>
> I can reproduce this here on my VDR Installations on every 3 Machines.

This is a known but unsolved bug. I remember having an off-list
discussion about that issue with Klaus, Holger and Johannes in April
2003 (@Klaus: subject "Fehlender Ton auf ARD nach Aufnahme von SAT.1").

I found that sound on ARD is missing after doing some lengthy recordings
on SAT.1 and Pro7. If you look at the pids on the SAT.1/Pro7 transponder
you will see that pids 101 (ARD vpid), 102 (ARD apid), 104 (RTL apid)
and other pids are used as CA pids!

IIRC Johannes wrote that the decoder will not get any data from a pid
if a filter for the same pid is active. This might explain the problem:
vdr opens and closes CA pid filters at a high rate. Maybe sometimes a
filter is not deleted (for whatever reason).

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index