[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-wapd-0.0.1 pre-release

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Thomas Heiligenmann wrote:

>Jan Ekholm schrieb:

>>>At the moment access control via apache proxying could be an option...
>>

>> Would you mind if I had a look at authorization? At least my phone has
>> direct fields where all that stuff can be input, so I assume it's
>> transmitted in the request(s) if filled in.
>>

>That would be fine, I haven't had a closer look at the http protocol yet
>for the whole process... I just implemented to read the 'Authorization:'
>line sent by the client in the request header and to store it into a
>variable.

Ok. It's actually quite simple, but I can't really test it, my phone
refuses stubbornly to work with anything that uses security. It just
whines that "Secure connection not available" and stops loading the page.
It should be just a matter of sending an initial header to the client and
request Authorization info and then verify that info in the new request.

Does your phone actually send a 'Authorization:' line? Mine only ever
sends a simple 'GET' whatever authorization data I have input for the
connection/bookmark.

>I think it would be sufficient to simply send a password without
>username. It could be set eg. in the setup menu of the plugin.

Just encode it in the URL?

--
           "Right, you bastards, you're... you're geography"
                                         -- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index