[vdr] Re: Coding question

Christian Gmeiner wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > imagine that you change for example the inheritance of cDvbDevice from
> cDevice
> > to cMyNewSuperDuperSpezialDeviceWithTsRecoring, where some functions are
> not
> > virtual. The resulting errors would be so hard to spot :-(
> Sure, but i am not changing anything like this.
>
> I have writen a huge gameengine and i really know how to use virtual
> classes, so please understand
> my point of view.
> Oh can you give me other plugin based projects which are useing virtual in
> childclasses?

What's all the fuss with this?
As it is, one _may_ write the 'virtual' keyword in child classes.
One _may_ just as well leave it out.

I have decided to write it because it shows me which functions are
virtual, just by looking at the child class. You have decided not
to write it, for reasons that are clear to yourself, and that's ok,
since the C++ language standard allows this.

At any rate, I still believe B.S. should have made it mandatory to
repeat the 'virtual' keyword in child classes. But that's just MHO.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index