[vdr] Re: Driver or VDR Problem setting and jusageing cutmarks on Nexus 2.1

> "Dr. Werner Fink" wrote:

> > > The problem is that kernel 2.6 based systems apparently use the
> > > NPTL ("Native Posix Thread Library"), which VDR doesn't seem to
> > > work correctly with.
> > >
> > > Since I myself don't use kernel 2.6 nor the NPTL I can't do any
> > > testing here. So somebody who uses these will need to look into
> > > this and find out what's wrong. I've said this on several occasions,
> > > but apparently there is nobody interested in doing so...
> >
> > One problem could be signal handling.  For NPTL the signal masks
> > should be set in such way that for the thread which should receive
> > a signal unblocks this whereas the other should block it.  Before
> > any pthread_create() a simple sigprocmask() is usefull to unblock
> > or block signals in the main process, whereas within the threads
> > the pthread_sigmask() should be used to protect the threads
> > from catching signals.
> >
> > Maybe it would help to modify vdr.c in such a way, that all
> > handled signals will be unblock in main VDR whereas blocked
> > in the threads.  Don't know if the patch in the attachment
> > work, neverthelss you may give it a try.
> >
> >        Werner
> >
> >                         Name: vdr-nptl.patch
> >    vdr-nptl.patch       Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>
> I'll gladly apply this patch if somebody with kernel 2.6 / NPTL can
> confirm that it solves the problem.
>
> Klaus

Sorry,

i have tested the patch, but it does not work for me. I have the same
problem as before....if i use the nptl enabled glibc pthread libs (/lib/i686
& /lib/tls) the rcu expansion does not work anymore (hang) and all vdr
threats runīs at least with only one pid. I dont have tested setting and
moving cutmarks....

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index