[vdr] VDR playback buffer & variable frame rates

When I record a show with vdr-1.2.x or vdr-1.3.x, and the SNR/STR signal
values begin to fluctuate, I presume that the video frame rates are
fluctuating as well. I am starting to believe that VDR is unable to make the
proper video error corrections which is filling up some kind of playback
buffer.  By pressing Fast Forward, or Rewind for a few seconds, the video
playback regains its Audio/Video synchronization and everything works again
(until the next time the video frame rates fluctuate).  Has anyone noticed
this before?

Thanks.

C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index