[vdr] Re: kvdr-0.61 and xv?

On Thursday 27 May 2004 18:05, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 05:32:13PM +0200, Guido Fiala wrote:
> > I did copy the xv from xawtv to kvdr, unfortunately i uploaded some
> > testing code that way the xv-image is only 388x288 pixels instead of
> > 768x576 (somewhere in kvdr.cpp...) if you find the position you can
> > change it and try.
>
> An rgrep 288 don't find anything... I have to look deeper...

Sorry - my fault. Actually i didn't, just my local version had this.

> > BTW - i always thought tvtime has the very best Xv - if it uses the
> > "linear" filter i had very good results but also very much cpu-load.
>
> It really better with xawtv than the linear of tvtime ;-)
> And a top didn't show xawtv in the first 15 apps (which mean xawtv needs
> less than 0.1%). I have tested tvtime because someone posted the quality
> is better than all other, but I was really disapointed...
> At least with a Matrox card (I was having an ATI and the quality of the
> xv was very bad with xawtv...).

Did you try xvsetattr to change some value of the xv? Maybe some parameters
(brightness, contrast etc.) are tuned wrong?
Screenshots for comparison would be helpful.

> > I wanted to include the fiter in kvdr but lack of time and currently i
> > almost use kvdr myself anymore - i simply switch sources at my beamer ;-)
>
> For me a quality is something really important, I would really prefer a
> "true" xv...

That makes absolutely no sense to me - Xv is Xv is Xv - i do not make anything
different than xawtv beside the extra memcpy()+XSync() in 50Hz mode and that
i just sleep in the loop (xawtv has a thread that is nice'd). I might try to
select() to reduce cpu-load more but thats all that can be done.

Guido

Home | Main Index | Thread Index