[vdr] Re: [despammed] Re: Step by step vdr installation (onemore step)

> > There is no mpeg2 decoder on the SkyStar, you will need soft mpeg2
> > decoding. I use vdr-xine with xine's sofware decoder.
>
> Can you give me little instructions on how to setup this plugin
> correctly an which files do I need to edit and change. Do I need to
> recompile vdr?

If you want to use vdr-xine you need the plugin, xine source and VDR
source. You need to patch xine-lib and vdr and build them both. The
instructions in the doc for vdr-xine are easy to follow.

If you can watch DVDs with xine then you have the mpeg decoder
installed.

Apparently mplayer has the capability too but I can't tell you about
that because mplayer won't run on my machine (uses too much CPU).

Cheers

Tony

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit