[vdr] Softdevice + DirectFB + cle266

I am currently trying to make softdevice over DirectFB work on my EPIA-M
I am using Debian with kernel 2.6.6 with the -epia patch

I have various questions :

-> more or less OT (to the guys that own an EPIA) :
* can the kernel use both viafb and vesafb, or is it absolutely idiot to try to even compile or use both ? (it may sound wierd, but i didn't find any information about that after days of googling)
* does the viafb frame-buffer driver work better when compiled-in or when loaded as a module ?
* is there another way to set TVout, than "modprobe viafb TVout=1" (since the module won't unload once loaded, this is not really easy to test configurations)

-> about softdevice DirectFB :
* what is the status of the DirectFB code ?
* I already solved a bug (a catch + printf), and it does not crash anymore, but I still get a blue screen with no OSD, video, sound at all.
* I think I have managed to get an OSD, with the vesafb driver, not the viafb, but I'll have to test more, because I was very tired and was sure the viafb module was loaded

-> about softdevice Xv :
* since it seems to be more maintained, I could use this output method, but I don't know where to start from
* I surely don't want the whole X11 stuff loaded : is it mandatory, or is there a light setup that would work ?

BTW : I'll provide the Debian package (source + binary) if one wish, but it must be recompiled to select the appropriate output method (straight frame buffer is easy, but needs a really strong CPU : 1GHz is way too small). I can't use my vdr-plugin-softdevice package along with binary vdr packages provided by Tobias Grimm, for an obscure linking problem I didn't yet solve.

--
Nicolas Huillard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index