[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] bitstreamout plugin 0.61 (sound loop throughsound card)

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 09:55:12AM +0200, Norbert Schmidt wrote:

Hello Werner,

back again I changed channel.c and replay.c as suggested. Additionally I
started vdr with LD_ASSUME... but the problem is still there. It always
hangs with the same tid (114696), even after a reboot. But I have no idea
wether this means something or not ;-).

Following your hint about NTPL I did some investigations on gentoo and
it seems as if glibc is installed without ntpl-support by default.

This is the output of /lib/libc.so.6:

GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.3.3 20040217 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.3, propolice-3.3-7).
Compiled on a Linux 2.4.21 system on 2004-06-10.
Available extensions:
GNU libio by Per Bothner
crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
linuxthreads-0.10 by Xavier Leroy
BIND-8.2.3-T5B
libthread_db work sponsored by Alpha Processor Inc
NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

As you can see, no ntpl-support is shown.

Hmmm ... in other words, if you do

ps aux | grep vdr

Hi Werner,

yes, I can see several lines of vdr threads ...

you'll several lines of vdr threads? If not you may
use

ps -um --pid `pidof vdr`

to see NPTL thread list.

... and no, I can't see anything with this one.

Nevertheless, the Forwarding thread of the bitstreamout plugin
is never woken up and the ringbuffer isn't readed. Or
the Forwarding thread is simply not running.

You may try the patch for bitstreamout attached to this
mail.

Tested this with clean vdr-1.3.9 and bitstreamout archive-extracts,
but unfortunately still with no affect.

In times, when I didn't test bitstreamout, I run vdr-1.3.9 with
osdteletext, femon, mailbox and text2skin plugins without any
bufferoverflow or vdr-hangup.

Thanx anyway and CU
Norbert

Home | Main Index | Thread Index