[vdr] Re: Avoiding NPTL problems

Lars von Wedel wrote:

I have experienced the problem as well and spent days of debugging my code, but the problem was an NPTL-issue.

Thus, I'd definitely vote vor having a security check.

I doubt it since that's already decided when vdr enters main(). vdr
would need to exec itself after that. IMHO a better place for
setting the variable would be the runvdr script anyway.

Maybe the check could be factored out into a small binary which will set the variable from within runvdr and issue a warning?
The check must also be in vdr itself, as Klaus proposed it, because most first-time testing and/or debugging might be runnning directly vdr from the command-line (that's also how developpers would like bug reports to be documented, I think).

NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index