[vdr] how to enter a "manual PIDs" channel

Hello,

I have a channel that has no NID, TSID, or PNR because it is simply
transmitted on an SCPC carrier that transmits a video pid, an audio pid,
and sometimes a data pid which is not useful unless you know what it is
for.  This channel has no service id, so vdr won't let that channel exist
with pnr 0, nid 0, and tsid 0, however I have a locally-useful number in
the rid, but Klaus says this is a bad idea and he is considering to
deprecate its use.  Should I put a locally-useful unique number in the pnr
field when that is not known? That seems to be difficult to convince me
that it is the correct solution.  What is the recommended information when
the information is not known or does not exist?

_J

Home | Main Index | Thread Index