[vdr] Re: how to enter a "manual PIDs" channel

Jeremy Hall wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a channel that has no NID, TSID, or PNR because it is simply
> transmitted on an SCPC carrier that transmits a video pid, an audio pid,
> and sometimes a data pid which is not useful unless you know what it is
> for.  This channel has no service id, so vdr won't let that channel exist
> with pnr 0, nid 0, and tsid 0, however I have a locally-useful number in
> the rid, but Klaus says this is a bad idea and he is considering to
> deprecate its use.  Should I put a locally-useful unique number in the pnr
> field when that is not known? That seems to be difficult to convince me
> that it is the correct solution.  What is the recommended information when
> the information is not known or does not exist?

Since all of these IDs are 16 bit unsigned values, and VDR handles them internally
as 32 bit integers, you could try to use a value that just can't occur in any
valid ID, like, for instance 0x00010000 (decimal 65536). Or, if you'd like to
see in the channels.conf file directly whether such a value is "real", use
something like 99999.

Of course you can't enter such a value in the "Edit channel" menu, because
it limits them to 0..0xFFFF, but maybe you don't need that. If you do, just change
the line

  Add(new cMenuEditIntItem( tr("Sid"),          &data.sid, 1, 0xFFFF));

in VDR/menu.c accordingly. I guess if you set a fake SID, that will do.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index