[vdr] Re: REQUEST: spu/dvbspu api change .. (osd singleton problem)

On Saturday 12 June 2004 14:54, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Sven Goethel wrote:
> >
> > dear klaus,
> >
> > regarding the same problems trying to get the info,
> > if an osd is in use ..
> > i need the little extension for spu + dvbspu,
> > as attached (you may skip the DEBUG stuff parts, if you like ;-)
> >
> > the problem occurs, if dvd shows up an SPU,
> > and vdr calls dvd::Hide !
> > in this case, we have to shut down our own osd stuff,
> > to give the callee "its" osd .. so far so good.
>
> You (i.e. the DVD plugin) don't "give" the OSD to any "callee".
> The DVD player is simply instructed to "hide" itself, which means
> to give up any access to the OSD by deleting any cOsd object it might
> currently have. What happens then is none of its business.

right .. the true problem is within vdr-xine's osd usage,
which wants to create a second osd, which is not possible
within vdr (-> singleton).

dvd-player may start an SPU, which may opens an osd ..
therefore, for a proper Hide, as well as for a proper Show
only within dvd-controller/player, such direct access functions
are needed.

the Take and isTaken "fuss" ;-),
manages this singleton osd semantics,
to do a Hide for the lower prio osd, if appropriate ..

> You have also introduced cDvbSpuDecoder::getOsd(). Why would
> you ever think this would be necessary?

as i annotated, its not needed yet, and i guess never - right.

> Plugins don't just create OSD "out of the blue" without coordination with

not just out of the blue, but to hard to calculate kinda stuff ;-)

> the VDR core. If they do, it's a design flaw of that particular plugin.

of course .. its about the vdr-xine/osd-singleton thingy ..
a better approach would be, to just overlay an SPU window ..

> > please apply the patch to the next version
> >                              Name: vdr-1.3.10_spu_01.diff
> >    vdr-1.3.10_spu_01.diff    Type: text/x-diff
> >                          Encoding: 7bit
>
> Will do, except for the 'getOsd()' part.

thanxs ..

> Klaus

sven
- --
health & wealth
mailto:sgoethel@jausoft.com
www   : http://www.jausoft.com ; pgp: http://www.jausoft.com/gpg/
voice : +49-5121-999600 ; fax : +49-5121-999602

Home | Main Index | Thread Index