[vdr] Re: Deinterlacing

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:56:21 +0200, "Reinhard Walter Buchner"
<rw.buchner@freenet.de> wrote:

> Sorry, but S-Video is about the worst way to transfer video signal. Even
> FBAS is a much more robust way of sending video across a line. Long
> Y/C lines introduce a delay between Y&C and if you don't have a
> GOOD way to compensate this, you'll never have a quality signal. You'll
> see this as color smearing and edge overblend, plus if you watch a test
> picture, you will notice a LOT of flickering. Any O-scope can prove
> this ;o))

Be sure that the Y/C delay is compensated in the lumagen. I have
absolute no problem with this. Not at my setup.

> RGB is the only way to go.

Don't agree, especially not when you have cable runs of 10+ meters and
with the output of the DVB-S card. The image is just to noisy.

> Of course you'll need a viewing unit
> that is capable of displaying the problems in the first place (and a digital
> unit isn't one ;o)) Of course, I realize that we are talking about lowly DVB
> transmissions, so it might not make that big a difference.

That is exactly what I am saying. Anyway, the DVB-S card is extended
with a SDI interface all problems are gone. ;-)

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index