[vdr] Re: Deinterlacing

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:23:01 +0200, Guido Fiala <gfiala@s.netic.de>
wrote:

> Yes, with white - there is no black dot in the center of the pixels but a
> small colored slightly darker border at each pixel.

Either your projector is not setup fully sharp or you have a newer
version of the DLP chip which doesn't show this. Here are a few images:
http://home.t-online.de/home/Emil.Naepflein/DSCN3245-noisco.JPG
http://home.t-online.de/home/Emil.Naepflein/DSCN3238-isco.JPG

image through S-video input:
http://home.t-online.de/home/Emil.Naepflein/eyes-PAL-LBX-SVideo-SVGA-noISCO.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/Emil.Naepflein/eyes-PAL-LBX-SVideo-XGA-noISCO.jpg

anamophic image through Crystal Image scaler:
http://home.t-online.de/home/Emil.Naepflein/eyes-PAL-ANA-XGA-noISCO.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/Emil.Naepflein/eyes-PAL-ANA-XGA-ISCO.jpg

I didn't adjust white level of my digital camera so the colors look
slightly different. Please remember that this are macro images from a
distance of about 30 cm of the screen with a very small source image. So
it is indented that you see the the single pixels. This also shows the
high sharpness of the optical path.

> I decided for a white vinyl one without gain,  lets wait until the prices
> drop ;-)

If you order in the states the prices are considerable lower than here
in germany.

> I'am currently using the connector at the backside - that means i could gain
> something using the JP1-S-Video connector?

The image quality I get from S-Video is considerably better than from
the composite of the rear connector. And as I said the image quality
from the RGB output of the DVB-S card was not better than S-video in my
setup.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index