[vdr] Re: Deinterlacing

On Saturday 19 June 2004 21:05, Emil Naepflein wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:32:23 +0200, Guido Fiala <gfiala@s.netic.de>
> No, but you can translate it into "Fliegengittereffekt". You know when
> you have a "Fliegengitter" installed you cannot>
> > Is it the visibility of the individual pixels even if the color is the
> > same? Then it is here invisible at >1.5 screen width.
>
> Is the the image absolutely sharp?
> Do you see the black dot in the center of the mirrors when you got to
> the screen?
> Have you tested this with a 100 % white image?

Yes, with white - there is no black dot in the center of the pixels but a
small colored slightly darker border at each pixel.

> Some have also cooling fans but in general the noise is lower.

It's pity that those things can not be so easily modded than pc-cooling
units... and i'am quite driven to mod that thing.

> I use the High Contrast Cinema Vision from DaLite:
> A smooth, gray, vinyl finish surface for moderate output DLP projectors.
> This surface improves the perceived contrast by lowering black levels
> while offering moderate gain. It is a flexible unsupported vinyl fabric
> and may be folded or rolled. Available on all models offered with the
> Cinema Vision surface. Screen surface can be cleaned with mild soap and
> water. Flame retardant and mildew resistant.

I decided for a white vinyl one without gain,  lets wait until the prices
drop ;-)

I can't await the new organic (OLED) displays - i assume the price will be
measured per square meter not inch ...

> My wife was not very interested in having such a big box like a CRT
> projector in the the mid of the ceiling of the living room. So may
> solution was to move the projector to the back of the room and hide it
> in the ceiling.

I can imagine ;-)

> All the cards I have are 1.3 or 1.6 versions. They have all the JP1
> connector with the S-Video, RGB and S/PDIF signal on the board.

I'am currently using the connector at the backside - that means i could gain
something using the JP1-S-Video connector?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index