[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.11 (no rec shown)

Thomas Wehrspann wrote:

> > > Hello Klaus,
> > >
> > > I had two problems with the new (but fine :-) alogorithm. There were
> > > some links created by vdrconvert to (already deleted) iso-images so the
> > > links pointed to nowhere. The other problem was that there was a
> > > lost+found directory from an ext3 filesystem to which vdr had no
> > > access. After deleting the dead links and giving vdr access to
> > > lost+found I saw all of my recordings again.
> > >
> > > Christoph
> >
> > Maybe for the moment it would be ok to just comment out all 'return false'
> > lines in cRecordings::ScanVideoDir(). That way it wouldn't be stopped as
> > soon as it encounters a problem.
> >
> > Klaus
> >

> What about using the fam deamon instead of caching, like kde?
>
> Thomas

I don't like to be dependent on that. KDE needs to keep track of files
all around the system, while VDR only needs to keep track of its own files.

Besides, the caching works just fine here on my system.
There may still be some tiny problems with broken links or lack
of access rights, but that should be easy to fix.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index