From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of oliviervdr@free.fr
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 8:37 AM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Streaming radio with streamdev

Hello everyone,

I'm using VDR 1.3.11 and streamdev plugin.
I can successfully stream audio+video from VDR to Windows Media Player 9 (yes, audio works too thanks to vdrportal.de people :) even though this is kind of choppy).

What I would like to do now is to be able to stream radio channels.

I can successfully stream the sound only (using "novideo" in ffserver.conf) from a normal video+audio channel. But when I try to do exactly the same on a radio channel (which has no video), I get nothing when starting ffmpeg.
Any known restriction in this case?

Thanks,
Olivier.

I used ffserver to stream over Internet, using my 128kbit/s upload connexion :-).
I had that configuration :

# cat /etc/ffserver.conf
Port 8090
BindAddress 0.0.0.0
MaxClients 1000
MaxBandwidth 1000
CustomLog -
NoDaemon

<Feed feed1.ffm>
File /tmp/feed1.ffm
FileMaxSize 5M
ACL ALLOW 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255
</Feed>

<Stream test.asf>
Feed feed1.ffm
Format asf
AudioBitRate 32
AudioChannels 2
AudioSampleRate 22050
AudioCodec mp3
VideoCodec msmpeg4v2
VideoBitRate 96
VideoFrameRate 10
VideoSize 176x144
#ACL ALLOW 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255
</Stream>

<Stream stat.html>
Format status
ACL ALLOW 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255
FaviconURL http://url/favicon.ico
</Stream>

<Redirect index.html>
URL http://url/index.php
</Redirect>

And started the web streaming server with that script :

#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/init.d/ffmpeg

case "$1" in
start)
echo -n "ffmpeg start : "
ffserver&
ffmpeg -y -v quiet -title VDRBox -author "Trois Six" -comment "Ma VDRBox" -i http://127.0.0.1:3000/$2 http://127.0.0.1:8090/feed1.ffm&;
echo "done."
;;
stop)
echo -n "ffmpeg stop ... "
killall -9 ffserver
echo ""
# /usr/local/src/VDR/svdrpsend.pl CHAN 2
echo "done."
;;
*)
echo "start ou stop ?"