[vdr] Re: Streaming radio with streamdev

Hi,

I just got VLC working with the streamdev plugin and I'm using Debian as
well. What I had to do what get the latest cvs for ffmeg and the source for
the latest VLC.  The problem with debian's binary is that it is not compiled
with mp3lame support, doh!.

For ffmpeg:

cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous@mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co ffmpeg

./configure --enable-a52 --enable-mp3lame --enable-pp --enable-gpl

For VLC:

Get vlc-0.7.2.tar.gz

./configure --enable-release --enable-livedotcom --enable-dvdread
--enable-dshow --disable-x11 --enable-alsa --enable-ncurses
--with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --with-ffmpeg-tree=/usr/local/src/ffmpeg.cvs/ffmpeg
--enable-sout --with-a52-tree=/usr/include/a52dec

I'm sure you can play with the configure options, but that's all I had to
do.  The rest of the libraries and such are still all debian packages.  You
may also want to add this to your sources.list for further video library
support and dev files:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

Finally, this is a little shell script I use to start the streaming:

#!/bin/sh

vlc http://127.0.0.1:3000/PS/$1 --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=512,acodec=mp3,ab=192,channels=2}:std{access=mmsh
,mux=asfh,url=:1234}'

This now works beautifully for Linux to Windows streaming and Media Player
9.

Note: I did get ffserver working as well, but the video quality was not
nearly as nice as VLC.

Good Luck.
C.Y.M.

> I'm trying VLC now (installed on my Debian from VLC .deb),
> cause it seems
> that, at least, the video is a lot more nicer than the ffmpeg
> server I was
> running. Don't now why though :(
>
> I also didn't had sound, but I found this is the logs:
> [00000227] ffmpeg encoder error: cannot find encoder MPEG
> Audio layer 1/2/3
> [00000216] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot open encoder
> [00000216] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot create
> audio chain
> [00000226] main packetizer error: cannot create packetizer output
>
> I guess I'll have to re-compile everything myself :(
>
> Olivier.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index