[vdr] Re: Streaming radio with streamdev

> Get vlc-0.7.2.tar.gz
>
> ./configure --enable-release --enable-livedotcom
> --enable-dvdread --enable-dshow --disable-x11 --enable-alsa
> --enable-ncurses --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame
> --with-ffmpeg-tree=/usr/local/src/ffmpeg.cvs/ffmpeg
> --enable-sout --with-a52-tree=/usr/include/a52dec

Well, he took me 2 nights to figure out that "old" libavcodec/libavformat
libs where on my system, preventing vlc to be compiled (I had "typical"
errors that you encounter when ffmpeg has not been compiled with
--enable-pp). It works now!

> This now works beautifully for Linux to Windows streaming and
> Media Player 9.
>
> Note: I did get ffserver working as well, but the video
> quality was not nearly as nice as VLC.

Ohhh yeah ;)
Vlc just rocks compared to plain ffserver. Video and audio are in sync and
the quality is far better at the same bitrate.

I will have a look to the audio only configuration you suggested.
Also, I still have to sort out one problem with firewall to be able to
stream that on the internet (VDR is connected to a Windows XP that has a
firewall and the internet connection).

Thanks,
Olivier.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index