[vdr] Re: Multiple video dirs and only first one's data available

vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org wrote:

> As I said, I never saw it working...

You saw but didn't realize it :)

>> All files must be on the video0 partition only the 00*.vdr files are
>> put on the other partition and symlinked to  the video0 partition. So
>> moving a recording from video0 to video[n] just let the recording
>> disappear in VDR.
> So that sure was it, it probably works, it was me who
> misunderstood the way it worked...
> I thought all the dirs were filled at the same time, a la
> RAID stripping, increasing performance and space.
> What you say then means that after /video is filled to its
> limit (or so), vdr begins filling /video1 or something like that?

No, that was just a try to describe it in a short way, vdr tries to use all
available space equally, so that under best circumstances the free space on
all available partitions is literally the same. This doesn't work if you
have a 200 GB full volume and put a second 200 GB into the system. In this
case all new 00*.vdr will be put on the new volume until the free space will
be the same as of the first volume (or partition how ever you want to call
it)

> Thanks for your explanation :)

Uff, it was the right shot :))

/hgm.bg