[vdr] Re: Multiple video dirs and only first one's data available

* hgm.bg <vdr.hgm.bg@gmx.net> [040703 23:05]:

Well... If you can play video with mplayer... it's mounted!!
I'm sorry but I can't figure out why this is not working....

Please provide a 'df -h' and are you sure that you understand the concept
how vdr treats the second partition ?
As I said, I never saw it working...

All files must be on the video0 partition only the 00*.vdr files are put on
the other partition and symlinked to  the video0 partition. So moving a
recording from video0 to video[n] just let the recording disappear in VDR.
So that sure was it, it probably works, it was me who misunderstood the
way it worked...
I thought all the dirs were filled at the same time, a la RAID
stripping, increasing performance and space.
What you say then means that after /video is filled to its limit (or
so), vdr begins filling /video1 or something like that?

I indeed moved some recordings from video0 to video1 they day I added
video1 and moved video to video0, until both have around the same amount
of free space available.

Thanks for your explanation :)

--
A few hours grace before the madness begins again.

Javier Marcet <javier@marcet.info>