[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Problem watching other channels and recordings while recording a CA channel

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 02:34:39AM +0300, Antti-Pekka Liedes wrote:
> I already mailed about this on the vdr list, but got no responses and I think
> this is probably a driver problem anyway.
>
> I have two Hauppauge DVB-C 2.1 cards with CI and Conax CAM on the first card.
> I'm using the first card's video out.  I'm currently using linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1
> and vdr 1.3.11, although the same problem occured with older drivers (the
> reference from VDR's homepage) and vdr 1.2.6.  My kernel is a vanilla 2.4.25.
>
> The problem is, when I start recording a conditional access channel, I
> sometimes can't watch any free-to-air channels or even recordings.  Just half
> an hour ago I began recording a CA channel, and switched to an FTA channel,
> but the picture is blank.  I tried watching a vdr recording, but it displays a
> broken frame of the CA channel I'm recording and some garbage.
>
> Sometimes the FTA channels and recordings show just fine while recording a CA
> channel.  I haven't really found out any definitive way to reproduce the
> problem or to make it go away.  I think this mostly happens when I'm watching
> a CA channel and start recording it, and then switch to an FTA channel.  But
> it has happened while watching an FTA channel and a recording timer is
> triggered; the picture just goes blank for all other channels except the CA
> channel being recorded.  Vdr does (correctly) allow changing to any FTA
> channel, the OSD works ok, but there is no picture of the actual broadcast.
> And replaying a vdr recording shows garbage.

Now the problem occured in the middle of watching an FTA channel while
recording a CA channel.  The picture froze and changing to another FTA channel
just produced the regular garbage.  The syslog says:

Jul  5 00:04:07 vdr kernel: av71101: ARM crashed!
Jul  5 00:04:08 vdr kernel: av7110_fw_cmd error
Jul  5 00:04:08 vdr last message repeated 3 times
Jul  5 00:04:24 vdr vdr[5088]: switching to channel 32
Jul  5 00:04:24 vdr vdr[8119]: transfer thread ended (pid=8119, tid=606218)
Jul 5 00:04:24 vdr vdr[8120]: receiver on device 2 thread ended (pid=8120,
tid=622603)
Jul 5 00:04:24 vdr vdr[5088]: cTS2PES got 3561 TS errors, 1200 TS continuity
errors
Jul 5 00:04:24 vdr vdr[5088]: cTS2PES got 276 TS errors, 189 TS continuity
errors

The CA channel I'm recording (32) still shows fine.

--
Antti-Pekka Liedes   *        apl@IRC       * I look around my room
Aallonkohina 8 D 60  *       apl@iki.fi     * is filled with candles

Home | Main Index | Thread Index