[vdr] Re: REQUEST: Convert possible bug into a feature

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:

Now I consider this to be an undocumented feature, but I would much prefer if it was embraced as a documented feature with defined ways of going into and leaving such a mode. The end result is 5 to 10 degrees Celsius less heat in the computer case and presumably a significant saving in power usage also. After all, what's the point of the ff dvb-s card constantly decoding and displaying the digital transmissions 24/7 regardless of whether the television is even turned on.
I also considered such a feature, but in the soft{device,mpeg} plugin context (even in the vdr-xine context). The goal is the same : why dissipate energy doing useless decoding ?
Maybe this is just a matter of smart use of the exit script ?
Ideas ?

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index