[vdr] REQUEST: Convert possible bug into a feature

Hi,

I have noticed that there is some sort of bug that gets triggered on my system (2 x budget dvb-t + 1 x ff dvb-s used solely as output device) when I run low or out of hdd space. When this (or something like it) happens the decoding/output of the ff dvb-s card switches to some sort of mode where the onscreen display continues to work but no mpeg data is being sent/decoded by the ff dvb-s card. The status for the channel is completely empty as if I were on some sort of null channel.

Now I consider this to be an undocumented feature, but I would much prefer if it was embraced as a documented feature with defined ways of going into and leaving such a mode. The end result is 5 to 10 degrees Celsius less heat in the computer case and presumably a significant saving in power usage also. After all, what's the point of the ff dvb-s card constantly decoding and displaying the digital transmissions 24/7 regardless of whether the television is even turned on.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in making VDR what it is :)

Regards,
Michal Dobrzynski

Home | Main Index | Thread Index