[vdr] Re: Editing the Tid from VDR's OSD?

> > >From within VDR's OSD, it is possible to edit the
> frequency for a channel
> > but not the Tid? Don't both go hand in hand?
>
> Usually what a user knows (for instance from some channel
> listing) is the
> frequency, but not the NID or TID. These are automatically
> derived from the
> data stream, so I guess there's no need to make them user editable.

When a channel changes transponder positions, the frequency of that channel
changes, of course.  It is easy to parse the sdt to find the new transponder
of the channel, then go into vdr's channel setup and select the new
frequency.  But, what happens with vdr is that if the Tid is not changed to
the corresponding value, then the epg no longer shows up for that channel.
The epg.data file is now left with stale data that prevents it from being
displayed properly.  If a person has made a custom channels.conf file that
has been hand edited, then using VDR to scan for the changes does not always
give him the results he is looking for.  It would be nice to not have to
stop VDR, go into the channels.conf and have to edit the Tid value by hand
so the epg gets displayed again. There always seems to be a direct
correlation between the frequency and the Tid that does not change.  If you
know the freq. is XXXX then you also know the Tid is YYYY.

--C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index