[vdr] Re: Feature Request: Timers by Regular Expressions

Hi,

Am 13.07.2004 um 12:27 schrieb Philip Lawatsch:
I'd like to be able to specify a timer with a regular expression on the name of the show.
VDRAdmin is able to use regular expressions - but the coder sais you shouldn't use ist, despite you know what wou're doing:

"I advise you not to use any regular expressions in the AutoTimer, never!
There is absolutely *no* syntax check for the regexp! Leave a stray
brace and see vdradmin dying (because of a perl syntax error), or enter
something like "/.*/" to beam the entire EPG into the timer list and watch
VDR dying under the tons of timers.
Don't write bug reports if a regexp has filled your harddisk to the very
last bit, messed your timer list or killed your VDR: I told you not to use
regular expressions! Don't even think about it!"
(VDRAdmin Release Notes)
Hannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index