[vdr] Re: Keeping channels.conf FTA only?

I hope this is not FAQ stuff -- are there easy ways to keep only FTA channels in channels.conf? I like to keep all automatic channel updates on for satellites which I'm able receive with my setup but the problem is that channels.conf gets bloated by terrible amount of encrypted channels.
Ummm - Any idea why this doesn't work? I wanted to get with automatic channel updates something similar to "dvbscan -o vdr -x 0 -t 1"

My tweaked channels.c:

---

cChannel *cChannels::NewChannel(const cChannel *Transponder, const char *Name, int Nid, int Tid, int Sid, int Rid)
{
if (Transponder) {
if ((Transponder->Ca() == 0) && (Transponder->Vpid() > 0)) {
dsyslog("creating new channel '%s' on %s transponder %d with id %d-%d-%d-%d",
Name, cSource::ToString(Transponder->Source()), Transponder->Transponder(), Nid, Tid, Sid, Rid);
cChannel *NewChannel = new cChannel(*Transponder);
Add(NewChannel);
ReNumber();
NewChannel->SetId(Nid, Tid, Sid, Rid, false);
NewChannel->SetName(Name, false);
return NewChannel;
}
}
return NULL;
}

---

I tried to remove some FTA channels from my channels.conf but they didn't appear back. I wonder if Transponder->Ca() == 0 matches only all-FTA transponders?

The motivation for this feature is that with a motorized dish the channels.conf gets huge and utilities such as vdradmin becomes terribly slow due to large EPG database.

Seppo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index