[vdr] Re: OSD Memory

On Saturday 2004-07-17 11:08, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
| Jeremy Jones wrote:
| > What I'd really
| > like to do is create a 720x240x4bpp window and another 360x240x4bb
| > window (roughly 126KB).  I suspect the firmware is responsible for
| > managing this memory so I'm guessing this is possible without
| > modifying the firmware (I'd also like to avoid soldering on the extra
| > SDRAM :-)).
|
| This would only be possible _with_ modifying the firmware, but then
| there wouldn't be enough memory left for decoding the video.

Wouldn't it be possible to use the so called "half rate" mode of the
AV7110? It looks like this mode can be used to get a full-screen OSD
with 4-bit colors. The driver in the 2.6.7 kernel already has a
definition for this mode (BITMAP4HR), but it is currently not used.

The AV7110 datasheet also defines a "line repeat" mode bit in the
OSDCUR_REG register that could perhaps be used to get a larger OSD
window with the same amount of memory, but I don't know if this bit
is accessible via the firmware.

--
Dick Streefland                    ////               De Bilt
dick.streefland@xs4all.nl         (@ @)       The Netherlands

Home | Main Index | Thread Index