[vdr] Re: SVDRP - problems when 2 sends nearly at same time ->e.g. vdradmindisturbs sleeptimer

Hardy Flor schrieb:

the VDR stores only one Message in the buffer.
Ok that's what I imagined, svdrp works,

To test for empty buffer You must call the 'MESG' without a text.
Is the answer '250 text...' the last messages is not shown of TV.
If the answer '550 No pending message' You can send the next message.

But the Problem I have is a bit different. Well the solution with this syslog-parsing I posted before works.
But it would be much better to get an information about failure from

svdrpsend.pl HITK Key

directly.
To test, do as follows:

1. Start playing a vdr-recording.
2. Open a tty on remote computer.
3. run:
i=0; while true; do svdrpsend.pl MESG $i & sleep 2 ; i=$((i+1)) ; done
You should see now the messages on the screen.
4. now open a second tty
5. run:
svdrpsend.pl HITK Pause

Nothing will happen. The playing will not be stopped. But the answer of svdrpsend.pl will look like that:

220 mediaportal SVDRP VideoDiskRecorder 1.2.6; Sun Jul 18 14:06:19 2004
250 Key "Pause" accepted
221 mediaportal closing connection

So how can I realize that the action, I asked vdr for, not happend?
Still the only way I see, is parsing the syslog, the way I described in my "SOLUTION".

By the way, as I told before, for me it looks like vdradmin sometimes has a connection to vdr when the sleeptimer wants to powerdown the system (wants to hit the key Power). But I dont know exactly what vdradmin sends to vdr. I thought it would not be the svdrpsend.pl MESG text, cause vdradmin never sends MESG to vdr, but things like LSTR LSTT LSTE and manipulating these lists.
Thats why the above example with this message loop is only for testing the trouble that I thougt we have to deal with. Hopefully this example reproduces the real life situation with sleeptimer, that I mentioned before. But the good result with my "SOLUTION" lets me believe in that thesis.

Marten

--
Hi! I'm a signature virus, copy me in your ~/.signature to help me spread.