[vdr] Re: SVDRP - problems when 2 sends nearly at same time ->e.g. vdradmindisturbs sleeptimer

e-PUNK@gmx.de wrote:

> Hardy Flor schrieb:
>
> > the VDR stores only one Message in the buffer.
>
> Ok that's what I imagined, svdrp works,
>
> >To test for empty buffer You must call the 'MESG' without a text.
> >Is the answer '250 text...' the last messages is not shown of TV.
> >If the answer '550 No pending message' You can send the next message.
> >

> But the Problem I have is a bit different. Well the solution with this
> syslog-parsing I posted before works.
> But it would be much better to get an information about failure from
>
> svdrpsend.pl HITK Key
>
> directly.
> To test, do as follows:
>
> 1. Start playing a vdr-recording.
> 2. Open a tty on remote computer.
> 3. run:
>     i=0;  while true; do svdrpsend.pl MESG $i &  sleep 2 ; i=$((i+1)) ; done
>   You should see now the messages on the screen.
> 4. now open a second tty
> 5. run:
>     svdrpsend.pl HITK Pause
>
> Nothing will happen. The playing will not be stopped. But the answer of
> svdrpsend.pl will look like that:
>
> 220 mediaportal SVDRP VideoDiskRecorder 1.2.6; Sun Jul 18 14:06:19 2004
> 250 Key "Pause" accepted
> 221 mediaportal closing connection
>
> So how can I realize that the action, I asked vdr for, not happend?

Actually the "action" you asked VDR for did happen ;-)
If, while a message is displayed, you press _any_ button on the
remote control, that message will be removed from the screen and the
button will be discarded.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index