[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.7pre1

Stefan Lucke wrote:

Ok, now I changed in the Makefile the path to LIBAVCODEC.
It was /usr/local/include/ffmpeg, and as I did make installlib during installation of ffmpeg, I assumed that should be right, because it's written in the Makefile. But it is obviously wrong.

No. But there is a chance that there are some other libavcodec* libs
floating around which was taken at link time. Can you search with:
find / -name 'libavcodec*'
You are right! There were
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec-0.4.8.so
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so (link to above)
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a
After removing them and compiling again with LIBAVCODEC=/usr/local/include/ffmpeg/ everything is fine.
So I learned that older builds are kept, not overwritten as I assumed.
Thanks for making that clear to me,
Jörg

Home | Main Index | Thread Index