[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.7pre1

On Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 01:29, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 23:59 +0200, Stefan Lucke wrote:
>
> > - ffpmeg's deinterlacing works well for news tickers, but has some disadvantages
> >   on normal/fast motion, as it is causing visible block artefakts.
>
> Am having problems with block artifacts on an athlon xp 2500. Is the
> only workaround a faster processor?

No, that one should be fast enough. Check if you get messages from ffmpeg
related to damaged blocks etc. (this mentioned somewhere in this thread).

Related to these ffmpeg error messages I did switch back dvb driver from 1.1.1
to Klaus recommended driver "linux-dvb.2003-11-08" and have much less error messages
and much faster channel zapping with my dvb-t card.

--
Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index