[vdr] Re: Who runs vdr on non i386 Hardware?

Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de> writes:

> Normally it will be build on all architectures supported by Debian
> (i386, alpha, sparc, ia64, s390, arm, powerpc, mips, mipsel, m68k
> and hppa).

Mostly anything with PCI and support for DVB tuner or MPEG-2 decoder
hardware.

Personally I run VDR streamdev-server (Linux 2.4.26, linuxtv-dvb
1.0.1, newer drivers crash kernel if they get any signal from antenna)
and streamdev-client (Linux 2.6.6, em8300 CVS) on PowerPC 604e.  Brief
testing on Alpha was not successful months ago, more will follow once
I manage to get another DVB tuner device.

--
 "pienena   /  Paavo "Rainbow Rat" Hartikainen
  minusta  /  E-mail: pahartik@sci.fi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index