[vdr] Re: remote plugin too fast keyrepeats

Oliver Endriss wrote:

> On Friday 23 July 2004 01:37, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
>
>> since I switched to kernel-dvb the key repeat is too fast,
>> often in menus when I want to give one "back", I get two.
>> Very unpractical. How can I change that? Reduce repeatfreq in remote.c??
>

> Imho you see the well-known keybdev problem.
> Please refer to http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr/FAQ
> The problem and possible solutions are discussed in section Q6.
>
> Oliver

Q6: Keys are duplicated, i.e. pressing '1' switches to channel '11' or '111'.
A6: Try this: Switch to a different virtual console.
If the problem disappeares, read on.

What is meant by "Switch to a different virtual console"?
Start vdr with -t /dev/ttyn or start remote plugin with -t /dev/ttyn?
At the moment I use neither nor.

I have kernel 2.6 and vdr-remote-0.3.1a, so if I understand right Q6 doesn't apply? Wrong?
Jörg

Home | Main Index | Thread Index